The growth of industry on a large scale in a country or region is referred to as industrialization. The first move toward industrialization occurred in the mid-eighteenth century. The initial focus on specific areas of North America, Europe and Great Britain. This is one of the leading way in this economy, technological progress and changes in class consciousness. Thus, the industrialization continue to develop after that. Let us check out the pros and cons of industrialization in this article.
Pros of Industrialization | Advantages:
- The modern import-export market is the result of industrialization.
- It enables us to be more productive.
- Industrialization lowers the cost of products and services.
- It raises the standard of living for each individual and household.
- Our medical treatment has improved as a result of industrialization.
- It enables a worker to concentrate on specialty.
- More employment were produced as a result of industrialization for the global economy.
- It transformed our viewpoint on what we wanted vs what we needed.
- Because of industrialization, anybody could build a name for themselves.
Cons of Industrialization | Disadvantages:
- During the industrialization process, labor conditions deteriorated.
- Child labor was a necessary part of industrialization.
- The living circumstances in the areas around the new industries were not always improved.
- The top 0.1 percent of the income distribution became increasingly unequal as a result of industrialization.
- It laid the groundwork for climate change and global warming.
- The political landscape of the world changed as a result of industrialization.
- Because to industrialization, agricultural production practices have changed.
- It leads to increased consumption of fossil fuels.
- Our understanding of work has shifted as a result of industrialization.
Industrialization improved our world in a variety of ways. It is our responsibility to clean up the pollution that results from these efforts. If we do not address our environment in the same manner that we approach our economics, our planet may not be around for much longer.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the pros and cons of Industrialization then do comment in the comment section below.