The pros of living in florida are no state income tax, reasonable cost of living, mild weather and a robust economy. The cons of living in florida are high cost of insurance, lowest health rating, high crime rate and traffic issues. There are several pros and cons of living in florida to consider when looking at it as the next home.
Florida might be known for its sunny beaches, wacky characters, and warm, sunny weather. Are you wondering about the pros and cons of living in florida? If yes, then you have come to the right place. The pros of florida are its low-income tax, warm climate, beautiful beaches, and diverse attractions. The cons of florida are its high cost of living, hurricane risk, traffic issues, and crowded tourist areas. Is florida an excellent place to live? This important guide you need to know to make the right decision if you are thinking of moving to florida. Let us decide whether florida is the right place for you. To get started, you can check out the pros and cons of living in florida.
Pros of living in Florida:
- There is no state income tax for individuals in Florida. Florida has a 6% state sales tax rate and 5.50% of corporate income tax. However, the maximum local sales tax rate of 2%, and an average combined state and local sales tax rate of 7%. This means you will be able to earn more and pay fever tax.
- Reasonable cost of living. While the cost of living in other states in the United States of America continues to skyrocket, most people are able to maintain a comfortable quality of life in Florida with a fixed income.
- Florida has mild winter. Lots of sunshine and warm weather. The average temperature is between 65 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Florida is the warmest state in the country. Thus, many people dream of moving to Florida. Especially for those who are used to living in snow areas.
- Florida has a robust economy. The economy is one of the largest in the country. It would rank in the top 20 largest economies in the World. The economy of Florida is not just large, it is also diverse. Thus, Florida could be a good location to set and achieve your business goals.
Business representation in Florida:
- Financial services
- Aerospace and Aviation
5. The impressive coastline of around 1200 miles is a big draw for a lot of people moving to Florida. There is no shortage of great beaches to choose from. Well, besides the obvious destinations such as Miami which is facing the Atlantic Ocean and the other facing the Gulf of Mexico.
6. Florida offers you a plethora of sports and opportunities to master your skills. Sports and outdoor activities are numerous especially water activities are popular. You can sail, dive, surf, canoe, snorkel, kayak, and even hop abroad on a yacht from time to time. Those who enjoy more than just beach life can go deeper into the seaside lifestyle.
7. Florida receives an average of 110 million tourists per year, Florida is the second most visited state in America. Welcoming tourists from surrounding states of the world to enjoy the Florida lifestyle.
8. There are so many theme parks and amusement parks in Florida such as Universal Studio, SeaWorld, Legoland, and Busch Gardens. These theme parks and amusement parks serve as evidence of how wonderful a choice it is for families to live in Florida.
Cons of living in Florida:
- High costs for insurance, especially car insurance. The average annual premium for a full coverage policy in Florida jumped by 17% from 2021 to 2022.
- Natural catastrophes including hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes, droughts, wildfires, and more might be experienced in Florida. If you have ever been involved in such an event, you will know that it can be quite damaging to property. As a result, insurance is crucial in Florida.
- The lowest health care rating. The US Health and Human Services Agency for healthcare research and quality score create a ranking of 50 states. Florida rank 36 out of 50 states.
- Florida has a higher total crime rate than the rest of the country. The 384 incidents for every 100,000 people ranks.
- As just I mentioned above. thunderstorms can be severe. It produces lightning. Thus, some people refer to Florida as the lightning capital of the World.
- Florida produced the third most tornados of any state across the United States. In addition, historically, the state has had the most hurricanes in the country. They have to do with the adverse impacts of urbanization in the state.
- The traffic in Florida is the worst in the country. Plus, you can imagine, a state receiving 110 million tourists every year is bound to be accident-prone. Thus, Florida has the third highest traffic fatality rate in the country. Thus, having your own car is a must while living in Florida.
- In summer the weather is hot. If you are not used to hot weather then living in Florida can be intense. The weather will make you sweat even if you are relaxing in a shaded area.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the Pros and cons of living in Florida then do comment in the comment section below.
- Arizona – Pros and Cons of living in
- North Carolina – Pros and Cons of living in
- Tennessee – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Georgia – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Washington DC – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Arkansas – Pros and Cons of Living in
- New York – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Oregon – Pros and Cons of Living in
- California – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Pennsylvania – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Illinois – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Alabama – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Colorado – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Lowa – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Idaho – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Missouri – Pros and Cons of Living in
- Mississippi – Pros and cons of Living in
- Virginia – Pros and cons of Living in
- Texas – Pros and Cons of Living in
- South Carolina – Pros and Cons of Living in