Virtual reality means an animated scene which a real look. It has been the sci-fi concept in recent years. The introduction of virtual reality initially made the customer extremely interested. From that time, it became obvious in the field of technically that everything is possible. The virtual, real home based phone is now in extinction stage with the introduction of virtual reality. The usage of smartphones makes life easier. This technology growing at a faster rate. In the year 2014, the value of the market reached an amount of 90 million dollars. At the end of the year 2018, the amount touched 5.2 billion dollars. In this article, we will take a look at a few of the advantages and disadvantages of using virtual reality. It is important to note that advantages are more numerous, but we should not ignore the disadvantages that virtual reality could produce.
Advantages of Virtual Reality:
- Provide outstanding visualization: It is exploring various facts and can even alternate the level of experience. Using a virtual reality headset, you will experience the best quality visualization that helps students to get engaged. These days it has become difficult for the teacher to conduct a classroom interaction sessions. The traditional way of teaching can never reach such an effective way of emphasizing things through visualization.
- Create and increase interest: Virtual reality has made watching more interesting and enjoyable than reading. It creates amazing experiences that could never be lived in real life.
- Improve the quality of education: The doctor knows about new traits of medicine by using this technology. It also works best in the field of editing and content writing.
- Helps to get rid of language barriers: With the implementation of virtual reality, the possible language can be aptly implemented by making use of suitable software. So, if you are not studying in the hometown you need to adopt the dialect of the place where you live.
- Better than reality: Visuals seen in virtual reality are far better than reality. It is used in video games and the user gets a feeling that he is in another world. The sound and graphics in the video have been incorporated into virtual reality. It gives a good gaming experience.
- Connect with people: It gives chances to communicate with the people that you do not know in real life. This technology helps to form new relationships in an efficient manner.
- Good communication experience: Users can communicate with each other and thus enjoy the conversation. It gives a new social experience of communicating with people.
Disadvantages of Virtual Reality:
- Spoil human connection: The traditional education system is mainly interpersonal connection between teacher and student. But, the virtual reality concept is totally different. It is only about you and software. This can leads to damage to the relationship between students and overall communication.
- Lack of flexibility: Students can ask a question, interact with a teacher in the classroom. This is not possible in this software-based study.
- Cost is very high: There is no way everyone can afford to buy virtual video games. It is too costly.
- Addiction to the virtual world: The possibility of a student to addicted to this technology is very high. User experience is amazing in the study, medical and gaming industries with the use of virtual reality thus addiction is the main concern.
- Functionality issue: Things can often go wrong like with any programmed software. When this happened the learning activity stops until the software is fixed.
- Worthless feeling: The user sometimes feels that they are escaping from the real world and this feeling proved to be very dangerous for them.
- Training provided is not real: The person who has been trained in a virtual reality environment may do well in this environment. In addition, He could not perform well in the real world. Hence, it will not get the same results in real-life situations as compared with the virtual reality environment.
As you have probably noticed, the world of virtual reality is consistently evolving. It could bring hundreds of benefits to virtually every industry, but it can be dangerous too. Ultimately we agree that modernizing education by using virtual reality can be quite a positive achievement.