An algorithm is a procedure for solving the problem, based on conducting a sequence of specifies actions. A computer program can be viewed as an elaborate algorithm. So here this article gives information about the advantages ad disadvantages of the algorithm to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of the algorithm:
- It is a stepwise representation of solutions to a given problem, which makes it easy to understand.
- Every step in an algorithm has its own logical sequence so it is easy to debug.
- By using an algorithm the problem is broken down into smaller pieces or steps hence, it is easier for a programmer to convert it into an actual program.
- An algorithm acts as a blueprint of a program and helps during program development.
- An algorithm uses a definite procedure.
- It easy to first develop an algorithm and then convert it into a flowchart and then into a computer program.
- It is not dependent on any programming language, so it is easy to understand for anyone even without programming knowledge.
Cons or Disadvantages of an algorithm:
- Algorithms are time-consuming.
- Big tasks are difficult to put in algorithms.
- Difficult to show branching and looping in algorithms.
- Understanding complex logic through algorithms can be very difficult.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the advantages and disadvantages of the Algorithm then do comment in the comment section below.
Explore more information: