Some e-commerce websites like Flipkart, Amazon, Myntra, etc has bought a revolution in online shopping. These websites on the online platform give the customer a large number of choice options. In addition, it also gives ease of shopping at their own pace with great deals and offers. But, online shopping has certain disadvantages too. Let us discuss it in this article to know more about it. Also, you can check out the advantages and disadvantages of it to know more about online shopping.
Drawback OR Disadvantages of online shopping:
- The most important aspects of hands-on shopping at stores, malls are also a chance to socialize, interact with different people. These experiences disappear in online shopping. In hands-on shopping, you take advice from a salesman or your friends about product selection.
- The retail shops are losing a large number of customers due to an increase in online shopping which leads to losses in their business.
- Online shopping using Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or mobile payment gateway like PayTM, PhonePay, Mobikwik, UPI payment. This kind of transaction poses a threat to the hacking of a bank account. Thus, if there are Case On Delivery option you should have preferred that option for shopping.
- In online shopping, you can not get the benefit of clearing doubts about the product which has to be purchased in online shopping. There is a presence of salesmen or sales assistant in actual traditional shopping.
- You can receive a product on the spot in traditional shopping. In online shopping, it hardly takes 10 to 15 minutes to buy but 4 to 5 days to receive the product.
- You can’t touch the product and feel the way it is. You can just see the image and read product descriptions in online shopping. Thus, online shopping is not suitable for people who wish to buy the product only after touching it or trying it.
- In online shopping, for the first instance, the product looks cheaper. But when you proceed for the payment, the extra charges like shipping charges, tax, are added. That makes products costlier even sometimes expensive as compare to local stores too.
- The return is difficult to make if your order placed arrives in poor condition, or sent something different as your expectation. In addition, different companies have different return policy.
- Authenticity is also a major concern. There are high chances of receiving counterfeit or spin-off products branded as originals.
Explore more information:
- Advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
- What are the benefits of online shopping?
- Types of payment methods for online shopping
- What are the features of online shopping?
- Why online shopping is better than offline?
- What is the importance of online shopping?
- What are the limitations of online shopping?
- Advantages and disadvantages of traditional shopping
- Difference between online and traditional shopping
- What are the benefits of traditional shopping?