Many people are familiar with the term virtual reality at are unsure about the uses of technology. In virtual reality, gaming is an obvious virtual reality application as are virtual worlds but there are a whole host of uses for virtual reality. Let us check out applications of virtual reality in this article. You can also check out the advantages and disadvantages of virtual reality to know more about it.
Applications of virtual reality:
- There are many uses of virtual reality which range from academic research through engineering, design, business, the arts, and entertainment. But irrespective of the uses, it produces data that is used to develop communication and interaction, training methods, and new models.
- In addition to creating social awareness, the first-person perspective could revolutionize the education scenario we have today. Anything that is too dangerous, expensive, hard, or impractical to do in reality, virtual reality is the solution.
- The potential of VR in entertainment is clear and huge as the entertainment industry is a multi-billion dollar. Consumers are always interested in their novelty.
- The manufacturing industry has used virtual reality to the model and design before implementing it.
- VR technology can help improve today’s distributed health care system. In which doctors train to perform routine medical procedures in remote communities all around the world.
- It can be also used in the military such as flight simulation, vehicle simulation, virtual boot camp, medic training, and battlefield simulation.
- Virtual reality has been used to create historic sites that allow users to view them safely from home.
- It can be used in healthcare industry in various things like surgery simulation, phobia treatment, robotic surgery, etc.