Texas creative is one of the companies that use instant messaging platforms for internal communication between employees. We use slack to communicate with our coworkers throughout the day. As a traffic manager learned that there are pros and cons of slack by using this platform.
Pros of slack | Advantages:
- Public, private, shared, or multi workspace channels are possible, more workplace channels are all possible. More information about the difference in this channel can be found here.
- It makes it simple to share and collaborate in real-time with others. This is useful when you need a quick response to a deadline.
- It is simple to share something amusing or off-traffic with coworkers.
- You can download it directly to your desktop, and it also has a fully functional mobile app.
Cons of Slack | Disadvantages:
- Your conversations are deleted after 14 days, so make a note of anything important that is sent to you in a channel.
- There is only a limited amount of file storage. When files are sent via slack rather than email, it can be inconvenient because you only get us as much storage as your company chooses to pay for, so slack gradually deletes files over time.
- It can be a source of distraction. If you are not careful, you can easily become engrossed in every conversation.
- It has a variety of methods for notifying you when you have a new message, which creates the stimulus to investigate what is going on.