The virtual reality market is growing at a faster pace. In the year of 2014, the value of the market has reached an amount of 90 million dollars. In addition, the amount will touch 5.2 billion dollars in the year 2018 and still increasing. Here, this article gives information about the advantage and disadvantages of virtual reality to better understand this topic. In this article, we can check the pros and cons of virtual reality. You can also check out the advantages and disadvantages to know more about virtual reality.
Some points on the pros of virtual reality are:
- Virtual reality creates a realistic world.
- It enables the user to explore places.
- Virtual reality makes education more easily and comfortably.
- Through virtual reality, users can experiment with the artificial environment.
- Virtual reality is more personal than electronic mail or instant messaging and, even a letter or a telephonic call.
- Communication will be both challenging and rewarding.
- VR is helpful in finding our common ground across differences in age, culture, and linguistic orientation.
- Face to face communication may be found to be too confining in VR.
Some points on the cons of virtual reality are:
- The equipment used in virtual reality is very expensive.
- It consists of complex technology.
- Interaction should not be replaced by the community.
- In a virtual reality environment, we cant move on our own like in the real world.
- People preferring VR to reality.
- Disengagement with the real world.
- It could lead to low self-esteem, feeling of worthlessness, and insignificance.
- The difficulty of distinguishing between virtual and real, false realities represented in VR.
- This lack of flexibility can be a disadvantage for most of the students. In addition, that is because dedication is not a fixed activity. So, it always fluctuates.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the pros and cons of virtual reality then do comment in the comment section below.
Explore more information:
- Advantages and disadvantages of virtual reality