Telemedicine is a method of providing medical care remotely, usually through video chat. However, telemedicine offers a range of benefits for both patients and healthcare providers. So, here this article gives the pros and cons of telemedicine to better understand this topic.
Pros of Telemedicine:
- It is a high level of flexibility
- Reduction of risk for infection
- Easy follow up
- Less waiting time
- Reduced the spread of illness.
- Better medical support for rural areas
- Telehealth is more efficient
- Reach more patients
- Telemedicine can reduce doctors shortage
- More patients can be teated on average
- Reduction in travel expenses.
- Low cost for minor issues.
- Information sharing between doctors.
- Patients may be more eager to get the medical devices.
- Can give the doctor competitive advantages.
Cons of Telemedicine:
- It is a privacy issue.
- Technical problem.
- Hacking issue.
- No physical examination possible
- Excessive consultations
- Specific software and training maybe increase
- Limit assessment.
- Varying level of regulation regarding telehealth.
- The doctor may be sued more often.
- It May not affordable for a small doctor’s office.
- Job losses.
- Geographical Barriers.
- Require technology device.
- It May not be covered by health insurance yet.
- The number of wrong diagnoses may increase.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the pros and cons of Telemedicine then do comment in the comment section below.
Explore more information: