Epoxy flooring is one of the leading floorings solutions for commercial and industrial use as well. Epoxy flooring is known for its durable quality, great protection, and sleek appearance. There are certain pros and certain cons of epoxy flooring that are worth considering before you decide to install at your home. Let us check out the pros and cons of epoxy flooring to know more about it.
Pros OR Advantages of epoxy flooring:
- The price of epoxy flooring is relatively cost-effective as compared to other durable flooring such as hardwood.
- Easily customize depending on your likes.
- This flooring is resistant to wear, cracking, peeling, chemicals and corrosion. Thus, it is damage resistant.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- Epoxy flooring is bright and professional as compared to average garage flooring.
- This flooring is easy to clean. The scratch-resistant surface can be mopped easily without dust, dirt getting trapped.
- It is safe because not slippery even when it is wet.
- Very easy to maintain.
- It is suitable for heavy use and mechanical loads, such as warehouse, workshop, production areas. Thus, it is robust.
- The epoxy flooring is decorative available in many different colours and designs.
Cons OR Disadvantages of epoxy flooring:
- You will notice strong toxic fumes when wet. In addition, sometimes it smelling like ammonia.
- Epoxy flooring takes a long time to harden completely.
- It is a temporary flooring solution.
- This flooring does not do well in the high impact area.
- It is very slippery when wet.
- The installation of epoxy flooring is very tedious.
- It was installed by a professional in this business, thus you may need one to remove. Therefore, the removal process of this flooring is complex.
- The maintenance cost is very high.
- Epoxy flooring heating system is cold on feet as compared to hardwood flooring.
- It is dis-colouring due to ultraviolet rays.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the pros and cons of Epoxy Flooring then do comment in the comment section below.
Explore more information: