AWS short name of Amazon Web Services is one of the largest, most trusted, and most cost-effective cloud-based business solutions. If you are looking for a cloud-based business solution, we have compiled the list of pros and cons of AWS here in this article.
Advantages OR Pros of AWS:
- AWS is among the most trusted service provider having the most compliance certificates. It boasts FIPS 140-2 level2.
- In the good old days, companies had to purchase a set amount of data storage but AWS allows for a scalable solution. It means companies no longer must wait and see if they want to use all the extra space they paid for.
- AWS provides agility and speed for the applications. In addition, an application can easily be deployed within minutes through a quick set-up process that allows us to reduce time and cost and speed up agility and efficiency.
- AWS only allows you to pay as you go. It means you can pay for the services you use. In addition, the process is secure and simple and allows for simple automated scaling according to your cloud storage.
- When you sign up for Amazon Web Services, you are presented with a user-friendly interface named the AWS Management Console.
- AWS provides an incredibly diverse array of services and tools. While, it was initially meant for cloud storage and computing, and expanded into over 70+ more services includes database, software, mobile analytics, and networking.
- The key benefit of AWS is its security and capability to keep the information, IT infrastructure safe. Even last year, about 90 per cent of all WordPress sites were hacked.
- In AWS, managed IT services are also available.
- AWS offers flexibility and affordability.
- Good and reliable customer support.
Disadvantages OR Cons of AWS:
- While the services are robust and well-designed cloud computing services subject to computing glitches.
- AWS is dependent on your internet connection. With no internet connection, you are out of luck, and out of work.
- Customers have experienced bill shock in the past with AWS. There are ways to avoid this, AWS recommends you enable monitoring for your account, this will allow AWS to send an alert with an estimate for both your total monthly bill and each service you are using.
- It is important to keep this in mind while setting services to be unsafe with AWS.
- AWS could be mining your data, something potentially worth worrying about.
- AWS ensures that the customers will receive credits from AWS for service outages, but no data loss. Backup strategies for your data are important to maintaining whatever service you are paying for.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the pros and cons of AWS then do comment in the comment section below.
Explore more information: