LED monitors outperform LCD monitors because they do not use fluorescent bulbs, making them lighter and thinner. LED uses less energy and saves a lot of energy. LED improves image quality by increasing contrast and expanding the color palette. So here this article gives the pros and cons of the LED monitors to better understand this topic.
Pros of LED monitor:
- It is a slim design.
- Brighter and sharper images.
- Better color and contrast quality for a sharper image.
- FLicker free images.
- Wider viewing angle.
- Lower power consumption.
- Fast response time makes them ideal for serious gamers.
- Longer lifespan and less environmental impact.
- No motion delay and lags.
- Better picture quality.
- More energy-efficient, making them cheaper to run overtime.
- Thinner designs take up less space on your desk or other furniture pieces.
- 4K resolution allows you to play the latest games or run the latest programs without issue.
- No pollution issue as LED monitors does no include mercury.
Disadvantages of LED monitors:
- LED lighting is more expensive than traditional lighting technologies.
- Much higher price.
- Contrast ratios are not consistent.
- LED can shift color due to age and temperature.
- LED is much thinner than LCD or plasma.
- Highrisk for image retention/screen
Explore more information: