Papayas come from the genus carioca and are native to southern Mexico, but are now grown all over the world in tropical countries. Unripened green papayas have some wonderful health benefits which can aid your body in many different ways. Green papayas contain many more live enzymes than the ripe version of the fruit including chymopapain. Let us check out the health benefits of papaya to know more about it.
Health benefits of papaya:
- The enzymes help to break down food in the body, including carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. They also help you to lose weight and boost the digestive system.
- Papaya has also been shown to reduce skin allergies such as heat hives.
- The green papayas also contain Vitamin C, A, fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, copper, and pantothenic acid. If you have diabetes, eating it can reduce the glucose levels in the blood by increasing insulin synthesis naturally.
- The vitamins in this fruit will help to protect your health against heart disease, by preventing oxidation of cholesterol.
- Papayas are anti-inflammatory like most of the other fruits. So, we recommend adding papayas and some other healthy fruits to your diet to soothe pain in many areas of the body. This fruit can help with asthma, back pain, neck pain, arthritis, water retention, headaches, and many more inflammatory problems.
- The beta carotene in the papayas will help your immune system to function at its best and ward off in evaders such as a cold or flu infection.
- The potassium contained in papayas helps to regulate fluid within the cells of the body making you feel more grounded and healthy.
- The green papayas can protect you from macular degeneration. This fruit also great for those middle-aged people who wish to protect their eyes.
- Ladies who suffer from a lot of menstrual pain may find that eating green papayas will help in their menstrual pain problems.
- The fiber within this fruit will bind toxins and protect your colon from cancer.
- You can mash the fruit into a paste and apply it to the face to remove pigmentation.
- Papayas is also great for hair because it contains Vitamin A.
- Vitamin C contains in papayas can keep you free from stress. It regulates the flow of stress hormones in rats.
- A simple remedy to get back the platelet count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice.