The most important factor in any kind of medical procedure is safety. The increasing concern surrounding the ethical and medical impact of the use of artificial intelligence. This raises some clinical safety questions when using these technologies. Let us check out the disadvantage of artificial intelligence in healthcare to know more about it. You can also check out the advantages and disadvantages of artificial intelligence to know more about it.
Clinical artificial intelligence quality and safety issue:
- Shift distribution: A mismatch in data due to change of environment or situation may lead to erroneous predictions.
- Insensitivity to impact: AI doesn’t have the capability to take into account of false negatives or false positives.
- Balck box decision making: With the use of AI, forecasts are not open to inspection or interpretation.
- Unsafe failure mode: An AI system can diagnose patients without trusting in its prediction, especially when working with insufficient information, unlike a human doctor.
- Automation complacency: Clinicians can start to trust AI system implicitly, as long as all predictions are correct, and fail to cross-check or consider alternatives.
- Reinforcement of outmoded practice: AI system can not adjust as medical policy improvements are begin introduced, as these systems are being trained using historical data.
- Self-fulfilling prediction: An AI system trained to detect a particular disease will lean toward the outcome it is intended to detect.
- Negative side effects: AI may suggest recommended treatment but fail to consider any unintended possible consequences.
- Reward hacking: With the use of AI machine proxies for intended goals serve as rewards, and these clever machines can find hacks or loopholes to receive unearned rewards, without actually fulfilling the intended objective.
- Unsafe exploration: An AI system can begin to test boundaries in an unsafe way in order to learn new strategies or get the result it is looking for.
- Unscalable oversight: Because AI systems can perform countless jobs and tasks, including multitasking, it can be almost impossible to monitor such a program or machine.
Explore more information:
- Advantages and disadvantages of artificial intelligence
- What are the pros of artificial intelligence?
- Applications of artificial intelligence
- Benefits of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Different types of artificial intelligence
- What are the uses of artificial intelligence?
- What is the importance of artificial intelligence?
- Advantages of artificial intelligence in education