Green tea is available in a number of varieties but for weight loss, there is not much difference between them. Plain, minimally processed green teas have the richest nutritional content and thus are considered best for weight loss. It is also useful for other health benefits also. Another good thing about green tea is that it has negligible calories with respect to the number of nutrients provides. Here some key pint why you should drink green tea for weight loss? Benefits of green tea for weight loss explained below.
Green tea benefits in weight loss:
- The caffeine is present in green tea acts as a stimulant that has been shown to aid fat burning. It also improves exercise performance in other studies.
- Green tea has a high concentration of polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are known as powerful antioxidants. It helps combat free radical-substances that can alter and even kill cells in your body, causing premature ageing, other diseases.
- Green tea comes packed with fewer calories, so you can easily include green tea along with your evening snacks.
- Green tea help elevate metabolic rate, increase fat oxidation, and even improve insulin activity. Green tea help increase metabolism and help burn fat.
- The massive range of antioxidants known as catechins. It helps to burn fat and boosts metabolism that is key to lose weight.
- Green tea also contains an active ingredient known as theanine. It is a type of amino acid that helps in reducing stress. And by providing a calming relaxing effect on the brain. This helps in losing weight easily.
- Drinking green tea might also leag to better fat burning during exercise. But one study found that men who took green tea extract before exercising burn 17 to 18 % more fat. That those who did not and other research shows that green tea specifically helps your body burn more fat. Which leads to lower body weight in the long run.
Explore more information: