Quantum computing is an ordinary computer chip that uses bits. These look like a tiny switch, that can either be in the off position represented by a zero or in the on position represented by a one. Every application you can use and the website you visit and also photograph you take is ultimately made up of millions of these bits in some combination of ones and zeroes. Let us discuss the advantages and disadvantages of quantum computing to better understand this topic.
Advantages of Quantum computing:
- The main advantage of quantum computing is that it is even classical algorithm calculations. They are also performed easily which is similar to the classical computer.
- If we adding the qubits to the register we increase its storage capacity exponentially.
- In this computing qubit is the conventional superposition state. So there are advantages of exponential speedup to the resulted by handle the number of calculations and method.
- Quantum computing required less power.
- The other advantage of quantum computing is it can execute any task very faster and very accurately compared to a classical computer. Generally, the atom changes very faster in the case of traditional computing whereas in quantum computing it changes even faster.
Disadvantages of Quantum computing:
- The research for this problem is still continuing the effort applied to identify a solution for this problem that has no positive progress.
- Qubits are not digital bits of the day thus they cannot use as conventional error correction.
- The main disadvantage of Quantum computing is the technology required to implement a quantum computer is not available at present days.
- The minimum energy requirement for quantum logical operations is five times that of classical computers.
- Quantum CPU will have efficiency and heating problems of its own.
- When a measurement of any type is made to a quantum system, decoherence is totally broken down and the wave function collapses into a single state.
Explore more Information: