Robotic process automation can be an expanding technology with several added benefits. Many individuals are still not persuaded of it and pose concerns. So in this article, we have to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of RPA (Robotic Process Automation) to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of robotics process automation (RPA):
- Robotic processes reduce the rate of error by eliminating human error such as tiredness, and lack of knowledge, etc.
- RPA software is user friendly, very easy to understand, and easy to use.
- The user can reduce the cost by automating the task with the help of RPA.
- RPA doesn’t require any coding or programming knowledge.
- It does not require the user to replace the existing system by using the virtual workforce.
- Deployment of RPA frees up high-value resources to be put back on the front line to ensure customers’ success.
- RPA is very simple and straightforward. These software robots follow the existing security, quality, and data integrity standard to access the end-user systems.
- RPA includes an inbuilt analytical package that assesses the functioning of the robot works flows.
- In our country, many companies are forced to define clear governance procedures to use artificial intelligence and RPA.
Cons or Disadvantages of robotics process automation (RPA):
- There is no innovative thinking in robotics process automation.
- It is a lack of technical ability in the RPA projects.
- It is costly technology as compare to any other technology.
- The RPA project needs regular reconfiguration.
- Many organizations believe that to work with RPA but the staff must have significant technical knowledge of automation as robots may require programming skills. It is also aware of how to operate them.
- RPA is reducing the need for human power, so it has the potential to eliminate the job of repetitive tasks.
- Day by day, the complexity of RPA implementation has decreased. So, 30-50% of the RPA project fails initially.
- It is always best to choose tasks that are repetitive, rules-based, and do not require human judgment.
- Adopting a new technology requires change but it requires the right tool. The impact of this change is much less noticeable and disruptive than many realize.
- Everyone may not have the same level of knowledge, it may lead existing employees to resign from their job.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the advantages and disadvantages of RPA (Robotic Process Automation) then do comment in the comment section below.