The Internet has revolutionized our way of shopping. Because of the numerous benefits and advantages, these days number of people increasingly prefer to buy things online over the conventional way of going into stores. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping are as follows. So let us check out some information on the advantages and disadvantages to know more about online shopping.
Some of the points on the advantages of online shopping are highlighted below:
- Save time and effort
- Convenience of shopping
- Wide variety of choice
- Good discount or Lower price
- Easy to send a gift
- Get detailed information on the product
- Easy price comparison
- Easy model or brand comparison
Advantages of online shopping:
- These stores are almost never closed. Services are available for 365×24×7 days.
- Many online retailer allow shoppers to post reviews about the product that they purchased.
- There are more choices for buying refurbished products.
- There are no annoying crowds.
- Online shoppers don’t have to wait a long time to check out.
- You can buy the product whenever you want.
- There are no parking hassles.
- You can send gifts.
- No pressure for shopping.
- You can easily compare the prices.
- Representatives of online sales often have more flexibility to make decisions such as applying coupons, prices, meeting competitors, and speeding up shipping at no extra charge.
- The variety you have to choose size, design, and colours.
- You will save time, money that would use for parking and gas if you were shopping in stores.
- Representatives of online sales often get more intensive product training than those at local stores.
- You have a shopping cart icon that reminds you how much money you will spend,.
- You can make your own design.
- Some stores partners with the point of sale instalment load leaders that may help when you are on a tight budget.
Disadvantages of online shopping:
- You can’t see the product physically.
- You are under the risk of online fraud.
- Sometimes you will need to pay higher prices for shipping than for the product.
- You must wait for the product to arrive.
- You can’t try it on.
- Online shopper often does not have a person to talk to when dealing with a problem.
- There is a possibility of not receiving the order because of the wrong address or some other reason.
- Restocking and shipping costs are often charged on return.
- When we have to enter the Pincode the product delivery is possible but the end of the delivery product is not available for that and calls them a customer and says that delivery is not available. This is my own real experience. And we just wait and wait for our product.
- The online shopper does not always know if a site is a legitimate retail store and if it is safe to shop.
Explore more information:
- What are the benefits of online shopping?
- Types of payment methods for online shopping
- What are the features of online shopping?
- Why online shopping is better than offline?
- What is the importance of online shopping?
- What are the limitations of online shopping?
- Advantages and disadvantages of traditional shopping
- Difference between online and traditional shopping
- What are the benefits of traditional shopping?
- What are the disadvantages of online shopping?