One of the advantages of a laser printer is faster printing compare to other types of the printer. Such as inkjet and dot matrix printers. So here this article gives information about the advantages and disadvantages of the laser printer to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of a laser printer:
- Fast printing speed.
- It is a long life.
- Long term non-printing effect will not change.
- It is suitable for mass printing, low cost.
- A low-quality requirement for paper.
- Give good graphics quality.
- Their maintenance time span is longer.
- Its efficiency is very high.
- The printing cost of a laser printer is less than the inkjet printer.
- It makes no noise during the printing process.
- It has the ability to print a high-resolution image that is 1200 dpi consuming less time.
- Special paper is not necessary.
- Support may font and different character sizes.
Cons or Disadvantages of a Laser printer:
- It is high initial investment cost.
- The color toner cartridge is expensive.
- Toner is harmful to humans.
- The maintenance cost is high.
- The most laser printer would not able to produce complex images or photos with quality similar to photo inkjet printers.
- Will cause environmental pollution and release ozone.
- Very bulky and difficult to repair.
- Laser printer is usually unlike and heavier than compare to inkjet printers and dot matrix printers.
- Emit ultraviolet radiation that can cause eye damage.
- There is also an issue of possible health risk and safety hazards, due to static discharge from toner particles.
- Photographic quality is not as good as an inkjet printer.
- Can not be used to produce multiple copies of a document in a single printing.
- Color laser printer tends to be expensive to run as a different ink is needed.
Explore more information: