An inkjet printer uses a small footprint and is easy to move around, which makes them reasonably portable in a small business or home office and environment. So here this article gives the advantages and disadvantages of an inkjet printer to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of inkjet printer:
- Low cost.
- Easy to use.
- Reasonably fast.
- High quality of output, and is capable of printing fine and smooth details.
- No warm up time.
- Quieter than dot matrix printer.
- They do not have a large buffer, so printing is done at a bit at a time.
- This printer was capable of printing in vivid colour, good for printing pictures.
- Are very lightweight and take up less place.
- They do not produce ozone and volatile compounds.
- Create an image and document with high quality.
- It does not require time to heat the machine.
Cons or Disadvantages of inkjet printers:
- The print head is less durable, prone to clogging and damage.
- It is expensive to replace ink cart cartridges.
- Ink bleeding, ink carried sideways casing blurred effects on some papers.
- Not good for high volume printing.
- Cannot use highlighter marker
- Printing speed is not as fast as compared to laser printers.
- Cannot use highlighter marker on inkjet printouts.
- Slow output if there are several copies needed.
- Moisture also affects the printing system.
- printing can smudge.
- Printing is a slower ad, therefore inkjet is not meant for high-volume printing.
- They are expensive to run if they are used a lot since original ink cartridges are expensive.
- In this printer, the aqueous ink is sensitive to water, even a small drop of water can cause blurring.
- An unexpected problem with the cartridge.
- Print emerges from the printer slightly wet and it maybe needs time to dry.
Explore more information: