A fingerprint is an identification tool based on the various patterns on human fingers. Which is special to each person. It is the most popular way of acquiring the details of any person. It is the easiest and convenient way of identifying a person. So here this article gives the advantages and disadvantages of fingerprint recognition to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of fingerprint recognition:
- A fingerprint pattern is not like a password in that it cannot be guessed.
- Fingerprint recognition is a one-of-a-kind technology.
- It is easy to use.
- A fingerprint cannot be misplaced in the same way that an access card can.
- It’s extremely precise.
- The equipment involved is cost-effective.
- The biometric template requires little storage space, which reduces the size of the database memory needed.
- Physical characteristics are much more difficult to forge than identification cards.
- It is the most economical technique.
Cons or Disadvantages of fingerprint recognition:
- More intrusive than a username or password type identification.
- The accuracy and working of the system are affected by the skin conditions of people.
- The system is associated with forensic applications.
Explore more information:
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on the advantages and disadvantages of fingerprint Recognition then do comment in the comment section below.