A daisy wheel printer is basically an impact printer consisting of a wheel and attached extension on which moulded metal characters are mounted. Daisy wheel printer produces letter quality print and can not produce graphics output. So here this article gives information about the advantages and disadvantages of a daisy wheel printer to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of the Daisy wheel printer:
- It is cheap to buy and maintain.
- Can create carbon copies.
- Low maintenance.
- Low cost.
- It is better quality.
- Can use fanfold paper and heavy paper grades.
- Better print quality than dot matrix printer.
- More reliable than DMP.
- The font of the character can be easily changed.
Cons or Disadvantages of daisy printer:
- The printing speed is very slow.
- Cannot print graphics.
- Produce distortion of paper printing
- A limited number of characters.
- Slower than DMP.
- It is noisy.
- More expensive than DMP.