Biometric authentication is based on specific human characteristics and is a what you are component. In addition, Biometric features may be used to authenticate identification in a variety of ways. DNA, fingerprint, facial recognition, and eye scan are physical biometrics whereas, speech, handwriting, and signature recognition are behavioural biometrics. So, here this article gives information about biometrics advantages disadvantages to better understand this topic.
Pros or Advantages of biometrics:
- It has improved security. In addition, It is universal.
- Improved customer experience.
- Reduced operational cost.
- It has accurate.
- Everyone has access to a unique set of biometrics.
- It is convenient and fast.
- Biometrics are hard to fake or steal.
Cons or Disadvantages of biometrics:
- System accuracy isn’t 100 per cent.
- When compromised, there is no way to get it back.
- A large investment in biometrics is required for protection.
- Facial imaging can also make it difficult to make a correct identification. In addition, the environment and how it is utilized may have an impact on the calculation.
- False acceptance and rejections will also happen. In addition, It also preventing some users from gaining access to systems.
- Integration or additional hardware is needed.
- The scanning of the eye is fearful to some people.
- Biometric databases can still be hacked.
- Machine learning and algorithms must be very advanced to minimize biometrics demographics bias.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding our article on Biometrics advantages and disadvantages then do comment in the comment section below.
Explore more information: